Tuesday, March 03, 2009

More good News!

This is really is a feel good story. Its really special to see when someone of Snoop (Doggy) Dogg changes over a new leaf and goes from being violent / drugs and joins the Nation of Islam (pbuh).

Snoop Dogg, real name Calvin Broadus, talked about his reasons for joining the religious group in relatively loose terms. "I'm an advocate for peace. I've been in the peace movement ever since I've been making music,"

This is a real enlightning point here because it tells me two (2) things that I had no idea that they are what they were:
  1. I TOTALLY did'nt know that his real name (birth name) is CALVIN BROADUS.
  2. Thats really caught me off guard.
Its nice to know that even if I am not a listener of his music, he has been progressive this whole time. Its like a treat, like when you wake up to go to school and then suddenly remeber that its SATURDAY and you dont have school (unless you have a Saturday class that you totally spaced out) or like when you find a M&M on your desk. Also, he's totally representing.

In short its nice to see some young black guys who decide to renounce there life of violence (drugs / pimping hoes / gang) which I will admit we all did at one time and convert over to Islam. I find it refreshening.

No comments: